STRIDE Research focuses on developing novel strategies for reducing congestion in the southeast and nationally.
STRIDE will focus on five research thrusts to address major congestion issues in the region. These thrusts encompass the following topic areas:
- Optimize the efficiency and reliability of travel for all transportation system users;
- Improve operations, controls, and devices;
- Land use and transportation planning;
- Data modeling and analytical tools to evaluate effects of shifting transit incentive structure;
- Ridesharing and alternative forms of transportation;
- Data modeling and analytical tools to optimize passenger and freight movement;
- Vehicle and system automation across surface modes; and
- System response to disruptive events/resilience to disasters.