Ondine Wells, University of Florida
The University of Florida (UF) implements K-12 outreach to local elementary and middle schools through hands-on STEM activities in the classroom and family-centered events both in the school and community. UF provides a summer teacher training workshop to introduce teachers to local transportation issues and provide standards-based activities that engage students in transportation topics in the classroom. As the lead university for the STRIDE Center, UF also coordinates the creation of activities and programs that can be implemented STRIDE-wide. For more information, contact Ondine Wells, K-12 Education/Technology Transfer Coordinator.
- Girls Engaged in Engineering Day (Spring 2020)
- Middle School Engineering Club Wins 2nd Place at Regional Future City Competition (Spring 2020)
- Santa Fe College Students Learn about Transportation Engineering (Spring 2020)
- Transportation Trivia at UF Engineering Fair (Spring 2020)
- Touch-A-Truck Community Event (Fall 2019)
- Snapshot of K-12 events at UF (Spring 2019)