***Abstract DEADLINE is November 18, 2019 by 5:00 pm, ET***
The Southeastern Transportation Research, Innovation, Development and Education Center (STRIDE) invites students to submit abstracts for participation in the Poster Showcase/Competition to be held at the University of Florida Transportation Institute (UFTI) Reception on January 13, 2020 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm at Baby Wale restaurant in Washington, D.C., during the 99th Meeting of the Transportation Research Board. Student posters will be competing for first, second and third place scholarships worth $500, $350 and $250, respectively.
Interested participants must complete the online abstract form (see below) for consideration on or before Monday, November 18, 2019 by 5:00 pm, ET.
Students whose abstracts are selected will be required to prepare a poster for presentation and display during the UFTI Reception. See below for eligibility, instructions, and the submission form.
- STRIDE-funded and STRIDE cost share/match projects
- Thesis or dissertation work funded by STRIDE or cost-share/match projects
Application Instructions & General Information:
- Complete the online abstract form on or before Monday, November 18, 2019 by 5:00 pm, ET. Click on the following link for the abstract form: https://forms.gle/Xrs5K6bVxQt7pAEx8
- Abstracts will be evaluated and notification of acceptance to participate will be made by email to the student no later than Thursday, November 21, 2019.
- Students accepted to participate in the showcase/competition must prepare a PDF of their poster and send to Ines Aviles-Spadoni, STRIDE Research Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday, December 9, 2019.
- Poster PDFs will be reviewed by a committee comprised of transportation-affiliated faculty.
- Students should produce a poster no larger than 24” (h) by 36” (l) to bring to the showcase/competition. Posters should be mounted on poster board, which the student must provide. There are various office supply stores in the Washington, D.C. area that sell poster board. STRIDE will provide the easels on which to mount your posters.
- Winners will be announced at the UFTI reception.
- Student posters will be competing for first, second and third place scholarships worth $500, $350 and $250, respectively.
- Students are required to arrive 30 minutes early to set up their posters at the reception venue (Baby Wale, 1124 9th St NW, Washington, DC 20001). The reception begins at 5:30 pm and runs to 7:30 pm.
- Business attire is required at all times.
If you have questions, please contact Ines Aviles-Spadoni, STRIDE Research Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com or at (352) 294-7803.