Note: These courses and the information contained within are solely for educational purposes and are not to be used for profit.
This page contains course modules designed by Richard Willis, Ph.D., a researcher at Auburn University, for graduate students and transportation professionals. This project was made possible thanks to a grant by the STRIDE Center. Dr. Richard Willis is a member of the FHWA Sustainable Pavements Technical Working Group and former member of the FHWA Asphalt Recycling Expert Task Group. He is currently at the National Center for Asphalt Technology at Auburn University.
- What is Sustainability? [view presentation]
- Life-Cycle Assessment [view presentation]
- Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement Sustainability [view presentation]
- Recycled Asphalt Shingles Sustainability [view presentation]
- Recycled Concrete Aggregate [view presentation]
- Warm Mix Asphalt Sustainable Pavement [view presentation]
- Compaction of Asphalt Mixes [view presentation]
- Sustainable Maintenance and Preservation [view presentation]
For more information:
James Richard Willis, Ph.D.
103 National Center for Asphalt Technology
Phone: (334) 844-7301, Fax: (334) 844-6248